TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge Official Rules & Regulations (U.S./Canada)
1. TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge Overview:
Using the TLS® Weight Loss Solution program, participants can compete in two different categories, individual or group.
The winners in each category will be those who:
• Have achieved significant weight loss decreased body measurements and body fat reduction for the allocated time period.
• Provide the most compelling written personal story as to how the TLS® Weight Loss Solution helped them achieve their goal and transformed their life.
• Maintain a tlsSlim.com subscription
TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge: August 30, 2013-November 22, 2013
2. Challenge Categories:
• 12-Week Individual Challenge
•12-Week Group Challenge (2-10 qualified participants per group)
• Contestants must choose one category to compete in, either the Individual Challenge OR the Group Challenge.
• Group Challenge teams may consist of 2-10 registered (each individual has paid their registration fee) individuals. No exceptions.
• Group Challenge contestants may only participate on one (1) team. Under no circumstances can a contestant compete in more than one Challenge category or team simultaneously.
• Groups and Individual applicants who enter with a duplicate PC or Distributor Id will be disqualified.
• Groups and Individual applicants may opt to use the help of a TLS certified trainer/coach, who must be a Market America independent distributer. To be coached by a distributor, you must be registered as Preferred Customer underneath that distributor. Coaches who are active participants in the challenge are ineligible for the coach prize.
• Adults 18 years of age and older, as of their registration date, are eligible to participate in the TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge Participants in Canada must have legal capacity to enter into contracts by their registration date.
• Must be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia,the US Virgin Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico, or Canada (excluding Quebec).
• Participants must be a Market America or SHOP.COM Independent Shop Consultant, Market America Independent Distributor, or marketamerica.com or SHOP.COM Preferred Customer.
• Employees (contractors, temporary employees, etc.) or immediate family members of Market America, Inc. or Shop MA, Inc. employees are not eligible as winners and are not eligible to participate.
• Market America Independent Distributors who are otherwise eligible to participate will be ineligible if they are currently involved in Market America’s corrective action process.
• Must not be a party to any exclusive contractual commitment that would be breached by the entrant’s participation in the TLS® Fall 2013 Find Your Fit Challenge.
• TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. RULES AND LAWS GOVERNING CONTESTS WITH ENTRY FEES AND PRIZES ARE SET UP BY INDIVIDUAL STATES. YOUMUST RESIDE IN A STATE IN WHICH PARTICIPATION IN THE SELECTED CONTEST IS UNRESTRICTED BY LAW. MARKET AMERICA, INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE LEGALITY OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST. CONTESTS ARE NOT TO BE USED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FORM OF GAMBLING OR FOR THE PROMOTION OF GAMBLING.
4. How to Enter:
Applicants must go to tlsSlim.com to register for the Challenge. Select your category (Challenge Participants or Challenge Coach) and follow the instructions given.
• Applicants must have an active Distributor ID or Preferred Customer Identification Number (PCID) and register with the email address and telephone number associated with their PCID.
• This ID must be specific to each applicant and cannot be used to enter more than once. PCIDs or Distributor IDs cannot be shared between applicants. Each ID must be unique for each participant.
• Group Challenge applicants must sign up on tlsSlim.com under their group name.
• All participants, Group or Individual, must pay a non-refundable entry fee and purchase a tlsSlim.com subscription for the entire Challenge period. Everyone must register electronically. Without electronic registration, you will be ineligible for the Challenge.
• Each contestant must send in a total of six pictures, three “Before” photos to be entered at the start of the Challenge, and three “After” photos after the length of the Challenge. There should be one front shot, one side shot and one back shot of each participant. (See Selection of the Winner section for more details)
• Each contestant must submit a typed essay of approximately 500 words, in English, explaining how they followed the program and how it changed their life.
• Each contestant must submit “Before” and “After” weight and “Before” and “After”measurements (waist, hips and chest).
• Photos and essays must be submitted on or before 11:59 p.m. on November 29, 2013 (see Selection of the Winnersection for more details).
• A minimum suggested retail purchase of $250 in official TLS® product throughout the Challenge period is required for participation. Each contestant in either the Individual Challenge category or the Group Challenge category must meet this purchase requirement by the end of the Challenge period. All purchases counting toward your minimum purchase quota must be ordered between August 1, 2013, and November 29, 2013. Qualifying TLS® Weight Loss Solution Products for TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge include†: (Prices are in USD, Canadians please refer to price list for updated pricing)
• TLS® Health Guide & Journal
- SR: $19.95
• 1, 3 or 12-Month TLS® Website Subscription (tlsSlim.com)
- Monthly Subscription - $9.95
- 3 Month Subscription - $24.95
- 1 Year Subscription - $99.95
• TLS® Nutrition Shakes (Chocolate or Vanilla)‡
- SR: $33.95
• TLS® CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor
- SR: $69.95
• TLS® Tonalin® CLA* (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)
- SR: $44.00
• TLS® ACTS Adrenal, Cortisol, Thyroid & Stress Support Formula
- SR: $59.99
• TLS® Thermochrome™ with Advantra Z®** This item is not available in Canada
- SR: $35.00
• TLS® Simply Delivery Meal Plan (transitionsfoods.com)This item is not available in Canada
- SR: $19.99 per day
- SR: $29.99 per day
- SR: $39.99 per day
• TLS® Find Your Fit Kit This item is not available in Canada
- SR: $119.95
• TLS® Detox Kit This item is not available in Canada
- SR: $119.95
• TLS® Fast Start Kit (for new Distributors opening accounts during Challenge)
- SR: $399.00
• TLS® Optimal Wellness Kit
- SR: $49.95
• TLS® Entrées This item is not available in Canada
- SR: $3.75-$27.50
• TLS® Weight Loss Kit This item is only available in Canada
- SR: $119.00
†TLS® Nutrition Shakes (Chocolate or Vanilla) are only available for Canadian participants for Personal Consumption. Please speak to your Independent Shop Consultant. Please note that products available in Canada only for personal consumption take around two (2) to three (3) weeks to be delivered to you. Make sure to place your order ahead! ‡Global.shop.com purchases can only be made for a maximum of a 3-month supply at the maximum dose approved by the manufacturer. The total quantity of therapeutic goods imported per person within a 12 month period must not exceed a 15 month supply (at the maximum dose approved by the manufacturer) of a given product for personal use, once every 3 months.
Early Registration Begins: August 1, 2013
Early Registration Ends: August 15, 2013
Normal Registration Begins: August 16, 2013
Normal Registration Ends: September 9, 2013 at 11:59PM
Online registration will open August 1, 2013, 12:00am Eastern Standard Time (EST) and will close November 1, 2013, 11:59pm EST.
Late registration shall be accepted by November 1, 2013. Applicants registering after the normal registration period acknowldge and agree that there might be some disadvantages regarding applicants that registered during the normal registration period. As a result, the odds of winning of applicants joining after the normal registration period may be lower. Applicant registering after the normal registration period, do so at their sole discretion and risk.
All participants must register online at tlsSlim.com along with your “Before” and “After” photos.
Contest Begins: August 30, 2013
Contest Ends: November 22, 2013
Beginning-Challenge Submission Deadline: September 15, 2013
End-Of-Challenge Submission Deadline: November 29, 2013
All materials (specifically the “After” photos and essay portion of the Challenge) must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on November 29, 2013, to be used in the judging process. Failure to adhere to this deadline will result in elimination from the TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge.
Finalist Notification Date: Finalists selected by the judge panel will be notified of their Challenge victory by phone or email by January 7, 2014.
Winner Prize Deadline: Notified finalists must verify and accept their prize in writing by January 14, 2014 in order to collect the Prize and officially accept your title as a Challenge winner. Email us your verification email@example.com.
5. Selection of the Winner:
A panel of unbiased judges from the Market America corporate team will select 10 Individual Challenge Finalists and five (5) Group Challenge Finalists. Each judge will score participants on a 100-point scale:
• 30% - Essay
• 70% - Before and After photos
The scores of the judges will then be combined to give each contestant a final score, which will be used to determine the finalists in each category. The 10 Individual Challenge participants and five (5) Group Challenge teams with the highest cumulative score within each category will be selected as the finalists (“Finalists”).
The Finalists will be posted online on http://www.tlsSlim.com page for the public to vote on a winner in each category. The winners will be chosen based on the ones receiving the highest number of votes during December 14th – December 21st 2013 (the “Open Voting Period”). Each person may vote one time per day during the Open Voting Period.
In the event of a tie in either category, the winner will be the Group or Individual that wins by popular vote on http://www.tlsSlim.com.
Participants and voters agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the judges. The decision of the judges with respect to selection of the winners and in regard to all matters relating to this challenge shall be final.
The Written Essay (30% of score)
• Each participant (whether competing in the Individual Challenge or Group Challenge) must submit an essay approximately 500 words in length written in English describing how the body transformation has improved/impacted their life. Topics for essay discussion may include why the participant entered the challenge, how the TLS® Weight Loss Solution program benefited them, and how they might motivate others to achieve success through the use of TLS® products.
• Essay must include participant name, before and after weight, height, and any other supporting materials (body fat analyses, home videos, waistline measurements, etc.) to enhance credibility. “Before” weight is defined as the participant’s weight on the start date of the TLS® Fall 2013 Find Your Fit Fall Challenge, August 30, 2013 “Before” and “After” Photos (70% of score) Each participant (whether competing in the Individual orGroup Challenge) must submit three (3) “Before” and three (3) “After” photos taken on the participant’s start date (“Before” photo) and end date (“After” photo). Full body photos must be taken in the upright position and must include one frontal photo, one profile photo and one back side photo. Each photo must be digitally dated with a timestamp.
• The photos must be authentic and in no way altered or modified.
• Form-fitting clothing must be worn in all photos.
- Tank top or T-shirt—tucked in; shirtless option for men.
• High Definition (HD) photos are recommended to show the best results, inappropriate or revealing photos will disqualify your entry.
• The purpose of the photos is to demonstrate a clear body transformation that has been achieved through hard work, effort and determination in completing a comprehensive nutrition and exercise regimen, incorporating official TLS® products.
• The recommended size for printed photos is 4” x 6”.
• The recommended file format for uploaded photos is JPEG.
• Participants must take the photos using a solid, unobtrusive backdrop for optimal visibility.
• Group Challenge teams have the option to submit one (1) Group “Before” photo and one (1) Group “After” photo as a team — this is suggested, but is not a equirement.
• All photos sent to TLS® become the property of TLS® Weight Loss Solution. They will not be returned and may be used in any manner deemed appropriate by TLS (for promotional purposes). Each participant should retain negatives and copies for their own records.
• Challenge participants may modify their diet and/or training program to suit their goals. Participants are encouraged to seek the assistance and advice of a certified TLS® Weight Loss Solution trainer, although it is not a requirement of the Find Your Fit Challenge.
NOTE: Entries that do not meet all rules requirements and qualifications will be disqualified.
6. TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge Prizes:
Individual Challenge prizes:
1st - $15,000 USD
TLS Challenge Coach Prize- $1,000 USD
If the 1st place Individual Challenge winner opts to use the help of a TLS Challenge Coach, that Coach wins $1,000 USD in cash. Contestants are not required to enlist the assistance of a TLS Challenge Coach, but it is highly recommended. Coaches who are active participants in the Challenge are ineligible for the Coach Prize.
2nd- $5,000 USD
TLS Challenge Coach Prize- $750 USD
3rd- $2,000 USD
TLS Challenge Coach Prize- $500 USD
Group Challenge prizes:
1st- $50,000 USD
TLS Certified Trainer or Coach Prize- $2,000 USD
2nd- $7,500 USD
TLS Challenge Coach Prize- $750 USD
3rd- $3,000 USD
TLS Challenge Coach Prize- $500 USD
Additional Challenge prizes:
12 $1,000 USD Cash Prizes - to select individuals showing exceptional results based on the above judging standards (70% before/after photos and 30% essay). Group members and individuals are both eligible for these prizes. If the 1st place Group Challenge winner opts to use the help of a TLS Certified Trainer/Coach, that Trainer/Coach wins $2,000 USD in cash. Contestants are not required to enlist the assistance of a TLS Certified Trainer/ Coach, but it is highly recommended. Coaches who are active participants in the Challenge are ineligible for the Coach Prize. All winners for both the Individual and Group Challenge will also win a free ticket to Market America World Conference 2014.
• The decisions of the judges with respect to selection of the winners and in regard to all matters relating to this challenge are final.
• TLS® Weight Loss Solution reserves the right not to award all prizes in the event that there are an insufficient number of qualified entries that meet the minimum requirements established by the contest rules.
• TLS® Weight Loss Solution reserves the right to award additional prizes in any category at the Judges’ discretion.
• TLS® Weight Loss Solution makes no express warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the prizes. Certain restrictions may apply.
• The odds of winning either the Individual Challenge or the Group Challenge are completely dependent on the number of and performance of people entering and completing the stated requirements and cannot be determined in advance.
• All prizes are nontransferable. Winners are responsible for paying taxes on their winnings. All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner.
7. Ownership and Publicity Rights:
• All entries, and any copyrights therein, become the sole property of TLS® Weight Loss Solution and will not be returned.
• By participating in the TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge , participants agree to abide by these rules and warrant and represent that their entry is authentic, original, and unaltered.
• All submitted materials including but not limited to the entrant’s name, likeness, photos, essay, become the sole property of Market America, Inc. to be used in any manner it deems appropriate at its sole discretion without restriction, in any and all media, for any purpose whatsoever, and without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law).
• TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge participants may not solicit local media regarding their participation in the Challenge without prior written consent from TLS® Weight Loss Solution. For questions on media relations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Challenge Cancellation:
• Market America reserves the right to cancel the challenge portion of this contest on or before September 12, 2013 in the event of insufficient contest entries.
• In the event Market America cancels the any or part of the contest, all corresponding application fees will be refunded and all participants will be notified by e-mail on or before September 12, 2013 that the contest has been cancelled for participation.
• Any unopened TLS® merchandise can be returned in compliance with the Market America return policy. Opened or used merchandise cannot be returned so please do not open your products before the official start date of the contest, September 12, 2013
• tlsSlim.com subscription fees paid for in connection with participation in the contest will also be refunded in the event that the corresponding Challenge is cancelled.
• All refunds will be made within 3 weeks of September 12, 2013 if the contest is cancelled.
9. General Conditions:
• Your contest participation indicates your agreement to all established contest rules, ownership and publicity implications, liability limitations, and participating qualifications.
• Prior to beginning any weight control program, detox program, or exercise regimen, it is recommended that a physician be consulted to assess health risks.
• TLS® may use each participant’s Distributor or PCID to verify the required purchases of TLS merchandise.
• CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY ALTER PHOTOS OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS ANDSHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MARKET AMERICA, INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW , INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. Liability Limitations:
• Each Challenge participant assumes all risk of injury, loss or harm of any kind arising from participation in or prizes awarded as a result of this challenge, and Market America, Inc. and its affiliates shall not be responsible or liable for damages of any kind arising there from. Contestants participating in the Find Your Fit Challenge release Market America, Inc. and it’s affiliates, directors, officers, executives and employees from all risk, harm, loss, injury or damage that may occur from participating in or resulting from the challenge.
• TLS® Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge and Prizes subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void wherever prohibited by law.
• The burden of responsibility falls on each participant to provide TLS with the correct contact information.
• TLS® is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, postage-due mail or entries, or typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the challenge, print and online ads, or in the announcement of the prize.
• Challenge winners must provide information necessary to complete Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (in the United States).
• Winner is responsible for paying taxes on their winnings. All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner.
• All winners and travel companions will be responsible for making their own travel and lodging arrangements if they choose to attend Market America World Conference 2014 to be publically recognized. Although the ticket to Market America World Conference 2014 will be provided to winners, all winners will be responsible for any expenses related to attending Market America World Conference 2014, including but not limited to travel, lodging and food.
• Winners are not required to come to Market America World Conference 2014 for the public announcement of the winners or to appear on stage.
• The TLS Find Your Fit 2013 Fall Challenge and all rules and regulations, and any supporting documents are subject to change without prior notice.
11. Challenge Winners:
• Challenge finalists for the Individual and Group Challenge categories will be notified by Market America by January 7, 2014.
• Challenge finalists will be required to verify the acceptance of prize by January 14, 2014. If the Challenge finalist doesn’t respond by the deadline, another winner will be chosen.
• Individual and Group Winners will be publically announced in February at Market America World Conference 2014 in Miami, FL. The complete list of winners will also be posted on tlsSlim.com.
• Individual and GroupWinners will have the option of appearing on stage at Market America World Conference 2014. Stories and photos of the winners and runners up will also be posted on tlsSlim.com
• Any costs associated with attending MAWC 2014, including but not limited to lodging, travel, and food expenses, are the sole responsibility of the winners, except for the tickets that will be provided by Market America for Individual and Group Winners.
• The winners will receive the prize within 60 days from finalist response.
• Winners and participants may be required to sign an affidavit attesting to their use of TLS® products during the Challenge period.
Questions concerning the TLS® Find Your Fit Challenge should be directed to email@example.com
* Tonalin® CLA is an exclusively licensed product of BASF Personal Care and Nutrition GmbH
** Advantra Z® is a registered trademark of Nutratech, Inc./Zhishin, LLC, Licensor of U.S.
Patents 6, 224, 873; 6, 316, 499; 6, 340, 481; 6, 340, 482; and Canada Patent 2, 248, 854.